CME of the Department of ENT
The Department of ENT, JMCH, Jorhat has organised the 8th CME of the ASNEI on 28th February, 2015 at IORA Resort, Kaziranga. The CME was graced by Guest Faculty Dr. Dev Roy, Sr. Consultant, Apollo Hospital, Kolkata along with eminent Speaker Dr. Jagjeet Sethi from Shillong and other members of the Association. For details, please click here.
- Celebration of 5th Foundation Day JMC&H, Jorhat click here
The Medical Council of India was conducted 2nd Basic Course Workshop in Medical Education Technologies For Medical Teachers on 4th, 5th& 6th September, 2014 at JMC, Jorhat. details please click here
The following employees of Jorhat Medical College & Hospital, Jorhat were appreciated during College Week - 2013 for showing their sincerity, devotion to duty and offering services to the institution and patients alone and beyond the call of normal duty.
1. Ms. Asima Chakraborty, ICU Incharge
2. Sri Gyandeep Gogoi, Accountant
3. Ms. Kanaklata Dutta, Steno
4. Sri Kishore Buragohain, Jr. Technician (Mech.)
5. Sri Hargobinda Nath, Store Keeper.
6. Sri Mukutmoni Saikia, Clinical Phy. Attendent
CME of the Department of Surgery
First CME- Organized by the Dept. of Surgery
On the 26th of August, 2012 the Department of Surgery, JMCH organized a day-long CME on Hepato-Biliary-Pancreatic Diseases in Jorhat Medical College. National faculties from the Asian Institute of Gastroenterology (AIG), Hyderabad as well as faculties from our state discussed about topics related to HBP diseases. The guests from AIG were-
- Dr. G. V. Rao- Director and Chief of Surgical Gastroenterology & Minimally Invasive Surgery.
- Dr Sundeep Lakhtakia- Senior consultant at Asian Institute of Gastroenterology, Hyderabad. His specific areas of clinical and research interests include EUS, therapeutic endoscopy, and ERCP.
- Dr Pradeep Rabella, Senior Consultant Surgical Gastroenterologist.
- Dr Rupjyoti Talukdar- Clinical Pancreatologist and Clinician Scientist at the Asian Institute of Gastroenterology, Hyderabad.
The speakers from the state included-
- Dr (Prof) Manoj Kr Choudhury- Ex- Professor, Surgery, Medical College, Assam
- Dr N. N. Ganguly- then Asso Prof, Surgery, Guwahati Medical College
- Dr S. A. Fazal- Asso Prof, Surgery, Assam Medical College
- Dr Debabrata Dutta- Asst Prof, Surgery, Jorhat Medical College.
Various topics related to the subject were discussed. Some of them were-
· Approaches in management of chronic pancreatitis by Dr Rupjyoti Talukdar
· Medical management of pain in chronic pancreatitis by Dr Rupjyoti Talukdar
· Endotherapy for chronic pancreatitis by Sundeep Lakhtakia
· Surgical options in the Rx of CP by N N Ganguly
· Role of LPJ in chronic pancreatitis in 2012: is it still relevant? by R Pradeep
· Talk on Whipples’s surgery by Fazal
· Complications of Whipple’s surgery: early diagnosis and treatment by G V Rao
· Techniques of stump management in Whipple’s surgery by R Pradeep
· Pancreatic enzyme supplementation before and after surgery: are they different? by Rupjyoti Talukdar
· Necrotizing pancreatitis: Current trends by G V Rao
· Laparoscopic management of pancreatic pseudocysts by M K Choudhury
· Pancreatic cystic neoplasms by G V Rao
· Role of EUS in pancreatic diseases by Sundeep Lakhtakia
· Indications of liver transplantation by Debabrata Dutta
· Surgical management of cholangiocarcioma by R Pradeep
· Hepatic resection /Treatment of biliary strictures in chronic pancreatitis by R Pradeep
Along with the discussions, interesting videos of the different procedures were also shown. Surgical videos, endoscopic & EUS videos were shown.
The presentation was followed by a question and answer session, in which the experts answered the queries from the audience.
The audience included various surgical faculties from different parts of the state as also surgeons from Jorhat and nearby areas. The senior students of our college also attended the CME.
Second CME- Organised by the Dept. of Surgery
Date- 22nd of May, 2013 a CME was organised
Topic- Diabetic Foot and Its Management.
Guest of speaker- Dr Sudhir Kr Jain, Asso Prof, Surgery, JMCH. Dr Jain is a faculty in many national on Diabetic foot with rich experience. He very passionately presented about the disease, its causes, the disabilities associated, precautions, treatment and associated problems. This CME was attended by surgeons and other doctors from Jorhat, and the students of our college.
First CME organized by Department of ENT, Jorhat Medical College
We have the great pleasure to invite you to the THYROID SURGERY WORKSHOP & CME to be held on 7th September, 2012 at JORHAT MEDICAL COLLEGE HOSPITAL organized by the Department of ENT in collaboration with Medical Education Unit of JMCH.
DR. M. N. BARUA, Chief Managing Director, North East Cancer Hospital & Research Institute, Amerigog, Guwahati has consented to be the Guest Surgical Faculty.
Eminent Faculties from Medical Colleges of Assam and also Senior ENT Surgeons from Upper Assam have consented to take part in the workshop and CME. details please click here
Second CME organized by Department of ENT Jorhat Medical College
The Department of ENT, Jorhat Medical College & Hospital, Jorhat in collaboration with Jorhat Academy of ENT Surgeons is organizing a CME on 18th September, 2013 at DOCTORS’ CLUB, Jorhat. Details please click here
Geriatric OPD at Jorhat Medical College & Hospital
The Geriatric OPD is being started in Jorhat Medical College & Hospital, Jorhat on 12.03.2012. This OPD shall regularly function every Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 02:00 PM to 04:00 PM in the Medicine OPD in the new OPD Complex of Jorhat Medical College. For details click on the link above.
CDAC -Data Deluge in Biology
A Workshop on "Data Deluge in Biology: Use of High-Performance Grid & Cloud computing"- December 19-20, 2013 held at Jorhat Medical College Hospital campus, Jorhat, with a two-day workshop on "Data Deluge in Biology: Use of High-Performance Grid & Cloud computing" from December 19-20, 2013 in Lecture hall of Jorhat Medical College Hospital campus.
This workshop was being jointly organized by Center for Development of Advanced Computing
(C-DAC) Bangalore, Institute of Bioinformatics and Applied Biotechnology (IBAB) Bangalore and Jorhat Medical College & Hospital, Jorhat.
The workshop focused on current research and development areas in the field of biology, biomedicine, large-data centric computing and the need to address the challenges due to data deluge in biology. This workshop was also aimed to identify new collaborative research possibilities in this area. Targeted participants are scientists, researchers including Ph.D students and faculty working in biology, genomics, biomedicine, large scale computing and related disciplines etc.
CME Organised by Deptt. of Physiology, JMC, Jorhat
CME organised by Deptt. of Physiology,JMC, Jorhat on 28th & 29th October 2014 at JMC. Click here
Regional CME on Organised by Pediatric, JMC, Jorhat
Regional CME on Pediatric Critical Care organised by IAP Jorhat Branch in association with Deptt. of Pediatrics, JMC, Jorhat on 31st August 2014.click here
CME Organised by Psychiatry, JMC, Jorhat
10th Midterm CME was organised by Deptt. of Psychiatry, JMC on 10th May 2014 at JMC. Click here