E Challan Status : Government of India has implemented E Challan process to make the traffic services convenient, easy, effective monitoring as well as transparent to the general public. Traffic e-invoicing is usually sent through Android cell application and a web gateway.
In this case you can pay the traffic e challan online as well as by visiting the traffic police office.
Pay & Check Status Of E-challan Online – Overview
|Article Name||E Challan Status|
|Launched By||Government of India|
|Official Website||https://echallan.parivahan.gov .in|
|Application Mode||Online & Offline|
|Department Name||Department of Traffic|
What Is E-challan
E Challan is a great software application with Android based mobile app and web interface, developed with an aim to provide a comprehensive solution for Transport Enforcement Officers and Traffic Policemen.
It is a platform to end automated system with digital interface for all stakeholders within the ambit of invoicing eco-system.
Purpose of E Challan
The Government of India wants to make the payment of challan process easier and less hectic for the citizens of the country. Till now the citizens of India who have to pay the challan had to go to the concerned office and wait for a long time outside the office to deposit the fine, as soon as this e-challan method started, the process of submitting the challan It has become very easy for the payers.
Check E-Challan Status Viewing Process
Following is the process to view
E-Challan Status –
- E-Challan to check applicants status official website – Digital Traffic / Transportation Enforcement Solution
- From the home page of the website, you will find “Check Challan ” option.
- A new web page will appear on the screen where you will need to select “Challan Number” or “Vehicle Number” or “DL Number”.
- After that enter the selected information and Then enter the captcha code show on the screen.
- Click on “Get Details” option and your challan related information will appear on the screen.
- Now after that on “Pay Now” option click here.
- After that choose your desired option to pay your challan.
- Now after successful payment generate Challan receipt online.
- Applicants can pay the challan through both online and offline mode.
Motor Vehicles (Amendment) Bill, 2019 and fines
You must be aware of the fact that traffic rules in India have been implemented with the new Motor Vehicles (Amendment) Act, 2019. Updated traffic rules are strict enough so that we follow all the traffic rules. Along with imprisonment for violating traffic rules, you will also have to pay the following fine.
|Type of crime||Amount of Fine (INR)|
|General Offenses||First Time – 500, Second Timing: 1500|
|Driving without valid license||5000|
|Illegal driving without license||5000|
|Over Speed||LMV – 1000 to 2000|
|Medium Passenger or Goods Vehicles : 2000 to 4000|
Second time : Driving License will be confiscated.
|Rash Driving of Vehicles||First time : Police custody up to 6 months to 1 year and/or fine from 1000 to 5000.|
Second time : Police custody up to 2 years and/or fine up to 10000
|Driving under intoxication||First time : Police custody up to 6 months and/or fine of 10000|
Second time : Imprisonment up to 2 years and/or fine of 15000
|driving without insurance||First time : police custody 3 months and/or fine up to 2000.|
Second time : Imprisonment up to 3 months and/or fine of 4000.
|Seat Belt Violation||1000|
|helmet wear violation||1000|
|Not giving way to emergency vehicles||1000|
|td>||Imprisonment for 6 months and/or fine of 10000|
|Accident related punishment||First time : Imprisonment up to 6 months and/or 5000 Penalty of|
Second time : Imprisonment up to 1 year and/or fine of INR 10000
For more information related to it visit its official website.
The following are the advantages of e-Challan system launched by the Government of India –
- Reducing citizens’ time and efforts in making payments or further actions that they take after receiving challans on the road.
- Reducing revenue loss and increasing transparency.
- Providing real time road safety implementation reports to the Ministry/State Government for data driven policy making.
- For Transport Enforcement Officers and Traffic Police Officers as per the requirements of the State/Department Providing easy and efficient challan options.
- Central monitoring of road safety policy implementation.
- No duplicate or fake challans.
- Online Payment of Challan by Citizen “Anytime & Anywhere”
- Court Settlement will be directly visible on the page of Citizen/Department. This will save a lot of efforts and time of the citizen and department officials.
- In case of pending challan any transaction on the concerned vehicle/license will be blocked at RTO.
- All State fine to the accused owner after the challan is implemented. This will close the revenue deficit of the states.
Hope you have liked E Challan Status and the information related to it, for more details definitely visit the official website, and for similar information JMCH.