eShram Portal : Modi government has started a new scheme from August 26 for crores of people of the country working in the unorganized sectors. In fact, keeping in mind the interests of the workers, the Modi government has launched the eShram (E-Shram) portal.
E Shramik Registration has started since the launch of this portal. According to the information given by the Ministry of Labor, so far more than one crore workers have got E Shramik Registration done on the e-shram portal.
E-Shram Portal – Brief Description
|Name of the Ministry||Ministry of Labor & Employment|
|Portal Name||e-SHRAM Portal|
|Card Name||Unique Identification Number (UAN) Card|
|Launched||by Prime Minister Narendra Modi|
|Beneficiary||Unorganized Sector SHRAM Portal UAN Card Online Registration|
e-SHRAM Registration Process
- To register on the e-SHRAM portal, first you have to visit the official website eshram.gov.in.
- Now on the home page ‘Register on e-Shram‘.
- Enter Aadhaar linked mobile number and captcha code.
- Now click on Send OTP.
- After this, you will have to fill out a number of further forms.
- You will be asked for several information to complete the registration process. This includes residential details, educational qualification, nature of occupation and skill, bank account, etc.
- Fill these and follow the instructions.
- Then you will get OTP and click on filling OTP. After that your card will appear on the screen, which also contains QR card. After this your e-SHRAM registration will be done successfully.
All registered workers will get 12 digit Digit Unique Account Number to avail all benefits of central and state government scheme as well as they will get UAN E Shram Card Will be given. Therefore it is very beneficial for the unorganized workers to come under NDUW database.
Even more, the government can provide immediate assistance to all registered workers in the event of a pandemic in just one DBT transfer. It will also help the government to manage the workers and plan ahead for them.
Information Required For Registration
- Aadhaar Number
- Aadhaar Linked Active Mobile Number (Mobile Number that is linked with Aadhar Card
- Bank Account Details
- Age should be between 16-59 years (23-09-1961 to 22-09-2005)
E SHRAM Card Benefits
If any person registers on e-shram portal then he will get the benefit of accident insurance of Rs.2 lakh. In this, one year’s premium will be given by the government. If a registered laborer is a victim of an accident, then in the event of his death or total disability, he will be entitled to two lakh rupees. At the same time, one lakh rupees will be given under the insurance scheme for partially disabled.
Apart from this, the government has also announced that the workers who register on this portal will be provided the benefits of many other schemes immediately, including Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maandhan Yojana (PMSYM), Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY) and Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY) etc.
Eligibility For e-Shram Portal Registration
Any worker who is a home based worker, self-employed worker or wage worker in the unorganized sector, including an employee in the organized sector who is not a member of ESIC or EPFO or is not a Government servant. Such an employee is called an unorganized worker. In such a situation, every such employee can register on this portal.
For this, you only need to have Aadhaar number
mobile number linked to Aadhaar, savings bank account number with IFSC code.
List Of Government Services Available On eShram Portal
All workers will be given the benefit of the following government scheme under this portal –
- Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maan-Dhan Pension Yojana (PM-SYM)
- National Pension Scheme for Shopkeepers, Traders, and the Self-employed Persons (NPS-Traders)
- Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY)
- Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY)
- Atal Pension Yojana
- National Social Assistance Program (NSAP)
- Ayushman Bharat-Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB-PMJAY)
- Health Insurance Scheme for Weavers (HIS)
- National Safai Karamcharis Finance and Development Corporation (NSKFDC)
- Self Employment Scheme for Rehabilitation of Manual Scavengers
- Deen Dayal Upadhyaya-Grameen Kaushalya Yojana (DDU-GKY)
- Deen Dayal Updhyaya Antyodaya Yojana (DDUAY)
- PM SVANidhi
- Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY)
- Prime Minister Employment Generation Program (PMEGP)
Some Important Questions
Universal Account number is a 12 digit number which is uniquely provided to every unorganized employee after registration on eSHRAM portal, UAN number will be a permanent number. once provided, it will remain unchanged throughout the life of the employee.
Any worker who is unorganized and is between 16-59 age group is eligible for registration on eSHRAM portal.
The following documents are required by a worker to register on eSHRAM portal –
Mobile Number,Aadhaar Link
Also if a worker has If mobile number is not linked with Aadhaar, he/she can visit nearest CSC and register through biometric authentication.
No, it is a permanent number, valid for lifetime.
Hope you have liked the information given by us related to eSHRAM Card, eSHRAM Portal, for more information you visit the official e-Shram Portal, and for similar information bookmark JMCH.