Pradhanmantri Gramin Awas Yojna (PMGAY) : People of every caste, religion or religion reside in our country, and every person has his own dream That he should have at least a house of his own. Keeping this in mind, the Prime Minister, Hon’ble Shri Narendra Modi has started a scheme named Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awas Yojana, and under this, those people of India accommodation will be provided, whichever person will be eligible for.
The objective of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana is to provide housing for all by 2022, this scheme was earlier known as Indira Awas Yojana, but now the name of this scheme has been changed to Pradhanmantri Gramin Awas Yojna.
This transformed scheme was started by Prime Minister Narendra Modi ji from 2015, today through this article we are providing information about Pradhanmantri Gramin Awas Yojna (PMAY) application, eligibility etc. In such a situation, if you also want to take advantage of this scheme, then you should read this article till the end.
Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awas Yojana – Overview
- Scheme Name : Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awas Yojana
- Launched by : Ministry of Rural Development
- Aim of the scheme : Providing Home for All
- Official website : https://pmayg.nic.in
Key Points Related To Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awas Yojana
- If you want to get registered for Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awas Yojana, then it is very important to have your name in the list of Socio Economic Caste Census 2011 first of all, otherwise you cannot take advantage of this scheme.
- If your name is included in this list then you can register yourself through online mode by contacting Kshetra Panchayat or Mukhiya or Village Pradhan.
- If you have online registration after this you will be given a username and password, you can fill your online form with the help of username and password given.
Note : Do not disclose your username and password to anyone and change your password as far as possible after completing the form.
Qualification For Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin
If any candidate wants to avail the benefits of PMAGAY, then he/she has to fulfill the following requirements –
- Person is financially weak irrespective of caste or religion
- Middle class people can also take advantage of this scheme
- Scheduled People belonging to caste or tribe can also take advantage if they want
- Families living in houses that live in kutcha or small houses
- Houses with disabled members
- those who do not own any land and earn from casual labor
- Families that do not have a motorized vehicle, farm equipment or fishing boat
- Persons who do not pay any professional tax including income tax.
For more information you can download Pradhanamntri Gramin Awas Yojna 2021 PDF from official website.
To apply for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY-G) a candidate must have the following documents –
- Aadhaar Card
- Bank Account Details of the applicant
- Consent Document allowing the use of Aadhaar on behalf of the applicant
- Salary Proof Letter and Proof of Income NOC from a housing society etc.
Some Important Features of PMAYG
The following are some important features of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – PMAYG –
- Minimum Area : The minimum area for houses under PMAY-G scheme was 20 sqm, however, it has been increased to 25 sqm. This area includes basic amenities with a clean kitchen.
- Also the Unit Assistance has been increased from 70,000 to 1.20 lakhs. For hilly areas, the amount has been increased from Rs 75,000 to Rs 1.30 lakh. This is to be shared by the Central Government and the State Government in the ratio of 60:40 in the plain areas and 90:10 in the hilly areas.
- Loan Facility : PMAYG Scheme Beneficiaries can get loan up to 70,000 under PMAY scheme. You can also get subsidy at the interest rates mentioned in the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin Subsidy Scheme 2020 section.
- Construction : Construction of houses under PMAYG scheme is socio-economic and geo-economical. This is done taking into account the climatic factors. Local materials are used in construction.
As well as providing basic amenities as committed by the government, the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana has been linked to other government-supported social welfare schemes, such as the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan, Ujjwala Yojana, etc.
PMAYG list checking process
PMAY-G schedule is published every year on the official website of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Gramin, to check it you have to follow the following steps –
- Visit the official website of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Rural) PMAYG
- In the menu bar present there, click on ‘Stakeholders’ option
- Click on the above option After that, a drop-down menu appears.
- Select the option ‘IAY / PMAYG Beneficiary’
- After that if you know your registration number, thrn from here you can see the list.
Some Important Questions
Name can be checked in PMAY Gramin Beneficiary List using your name, registration number.
You can apply for PMGAY scheme by visiting your respective ward or gram panchayat. Or you can take help from Jan Seva Kendra of your locality.
Hope you have liked the information related to the Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awas Yojana given by us, for more information you visit the official portal, and for similar information bookmark JMCH