RTI Online File : The full form of RTI is Right to Information. That is, in the Indian Constitution, every person has the right to information. Under this, you can ask any question to any organization of the Government of India and get its answer. In such a situation, in this article, we will provide you all the important information related to filing RTI.
RTI Act 2005
RTI Act 2005 is an improved version of Freedom of Information Act 2002. This Act enables any Indian citizen to obtain necessary information from any State or Central Government office or department.
RTI can be seen as one of the most powerful legislations in India that gives citizens the right to question any public authority and their activities. Whether you are concerned about the poor maintenance of roads or water connections or cleaning or processing of pensions in your area, RTI ACT 2005 enables you to search for any information in the public domain.
Also RTI ACT 2005 is responsible for transparency in the working of every government department or office and accountability of the work of every public authority.
How to file RTI online?
Filing online RTI is very easy, for this you have to follow the following steps.
- To file RTI online, first you have to visit the official website https://rtionline.gov.in/
- Click on the “Appeal” option on the homepage to file RTI online.
- After that some such page will open in front of you, in which you will have all the information asked like your address, your educational qualification, your query and which institution you want to ask the query.
- After filling all the details click on submit button, after that you will have to fill online challan of Rs.10 in the form of RTI Fees. For this you can choose your mode of payment.
- If you have internet banking then you can also pay the fee with its help otherwise you can pay through normal debit card (ATM card) also.
- Enter the requested information in it and click on the “PAY” button.
- After this your RTI file will be completed and you will be given your status through message and email. You will also get a number to check status.
By following the above steps carefully you can Online RTI File.
How to Check RTI Status?
RTI Status Check It is very easy, you just have to follow the following steps –
- To check RTI status first you need to visit the official website of RTI Online https://rtionline.gov.in/
- After going there, click on the “view status” option at the top.
- After clicking on this option, some such page will open in front of you.
- Here you enter your registration number and mobile number, after that you will get an option to enter “OTP”, enter the OTP received on your mobile number or email and submit.
- So after doing this, a page will open in front of you, there will be all the information related to your RTI from where you can check Online RTI Status.
How to File RTI Offline?
To file RTI offline you have to follow the following steps –
- First of all collect the information about the department in which you want to file RTI.
- Write application in Hindi or English or local language of the region.
- Address the application to the concerned State or Central Public Information Officer and write in the subject line “Seeking information under RTI Act-2005”.
- Cash or Bank Draft or Money for making the request Pay Rs.10 through order or court fee stamp.
- If living below poverty line, you are also exempted from paying the fee.But for this you have to prove it. Documents to be submitted.
- mention your full name, address, contact details and email address and name of city and date.
- You can send the application by post or you need to keep a photocopy of the request and also get an acknowledgment from the office.
As per the mandate of the RTI Act, the concerned office has to respond to the request within 30 days. In addition, a person making an RTI petition can also file an appeal in the ‘Appellate Authority’, which will have to respond within 30 days.
Also you can appeal to Information Commission, Chief Information Commissioner and State/Central Information Commission. That is, RTI Response Time is about 30 days, within this you will get the answer of your RTI.
Hope you have liked the information given by us related to RTI Online. Apart from this, if you have any questions, then you must ask us in the comments. Bookmark our website JMCH for more information.