(SSY) Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana : Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana is a small deposit scheme for girl child launched as a part of Beti Bachao Beti Padhao campaign. Users can get detailed information related to this scheme like account opening, account operation, account closure, withdrawal etc. through this article.
One of the reasons this scheme is popular is because of its tax benefits. It comes with a maximum tax benefit of Rs 1.5 lakh under Section 80C of the Income Tax Act. In addition, the interest earned and maturity amount is exempt from tax.
|Scheme name||Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana (SSY) – Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana|
|Launched||Government Of India|
(SSY) About Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
(SSY) Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana has been started by the Prime Minister of our country Shri Narendra Modi on 22nd January 2015. Under this scheme, the daughter’s bank account will be opened by the daughter’s father in any commercial bank or within the post office.
All those people who want to deposit money for their or their daughter’s education and marriage can open a bank account under this scheme. The minimum amount to open this account is ₹250 and hence the maximum amount is ₹1.5 lakh. Earlier, under Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana 2021, the interest rate was 9.1 percent, which has now been reduced to 8.6 percent.
- After opening an account under this scheme, this account is often operated till the girl child turns 18 or after 21 years of marriage.
- Under this, a person can withdraw 50% of the entire deposit for her studies after the age of 18 years.
- And after the daughter turns 21, she can withdraw the entire deposit for marriage. during which the amount deposited by the beneficiary is paid and hence the interest paid by the agency will also be included..
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana (SSY) Registration
Application form for Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana (SSY) new account can be obtained by visiting the nearest post office or attending public/private sector bank. Apart from this, you can also download download the SSY New Account Application Form from RBI website.
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Application Form Online
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Account Application Form can be downloaded from various sources like:
- Reserve Bank of India Website
- The India Post Website
- Individual Websites of Public Sector Banks (SBI, PNB, BoB, etc.)
Also you can download this Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Application Form from many other places.
SSY Application Form How to Fill
SSY Application Form The method of filling is as follows –
In the SSY Application Form the applicant needs to provide some key data regarding the girl child in whose name the investment will be made under the Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao scheme. The details of the parent/guardian who is opening the account/s is required to be submitted. Following are the key areas which are mentioned in the SSY Application Form –
- Name of the Girl Child (Primary Account Holder)
- Name of the parent/guardian who opened the account (Joint Account Holder)
- Initial Deposit Amount
- Cheque/DD number and date (used for initial deposit)
- Date of girl child
- Birth certificate details of primary account holder (certificate number, issued date, etc.)
- ID details of the parent/guardian (driving licence, aadhar, etc.)
- Present and permanent address (with the ID document of the parent/guardian) As per)
- Details of any other KYC document (PAN, Voter ID card, etc.)
A Once the above details are filled in, the form has to be signed and submitted with the account opening authority (Post Office/Bank Branch) along with copies of all applicable documents.
Check SSY Account Balance Process
If you want to check your SSY Account Balance, then you have to follow the following steps.
- If your account is linked with a participating bank branch, the account balance can be easily checked through internet banking or mobile banking.
- However, you need to ensure that Requires that this account is linked to your existing net banking account for easy access to account records.
- Also you can check balance by physically visiting the bank branch.
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Calculator – SSY Calculator Online
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Calculater : If you fulfill the eligibility conditions, the calculator will ask you to provide your daughter’s age and amount, which you wish to invest in the scheme. The minimum amount you can invest is Rs 1,000 and maximum is Rs 1.5 lakh in a financial year.
With effect from July 5, 2018, the government has reduced the minimum investment amount to Rs.250. Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Calculater based on the amount entered by you, calculates the estimated value that you will receive on maturity, which will be after completion of 21 years from the date of account opening.
Documents Required For Online Registration Of SSY
The following are the documents required to register SSY online –
- Aadhar Card
- Photo of child and parents
- Girl Birth Certificate
- Residence Proof
- Depositor (Parent or Legal Guardian) i.e. PAN Card, Ration Card, Driving License
- Additional Documents requested by the concerned authority.
Eligibility For SSY
The following are the main eligibility criteria for opening SSY account under Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao Scheme –
- SSY account can be opened in the name of only one girl child, within a family, only two such accounts are allowed.
- The age of the child should be less than 10 years.
- SSY account can be opened in any post office or select designated branches.
Some important questions
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana is a Pradhan Mantri Sukanya Yojana in the form of savings account facility offered by the Government of India. It is specially designed for the parents of girls, who want to save money for their daughter’s marriage and education .
The interest rate on Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana is regulated every quarter by the Central Government. The interest earned on SSY is calculated using the maturity date, rate of interest and the amount deposited. Present In SSY, the rate of interest on SSY is 7.60%.
The maturity period of SSY account is 21 years from the date of account opening.
Hope you have liked this information given by us about (SSY) Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana and Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Calculator. For more accurate information contact the bank or the concerned place. Also visit daily at JMCH for similar information.